Naturturisme
DK EN

Gl. Elmegaard, Drejø

             Gl. Elmegaard, Drejø
  

Gl. Elmegaard is one of the oldest farms on Drejø Island. Although its actual age has not been firmly established, it is known that the peasant who lived at the farm helped to build Drejø Church in 1535.
The farm has had different names over the years, often after the peasant or person who ran the farm at the time in question, such as Iver’s Farm or the District Supervisor’s Farm.
In 1995 it was renamed Gl. Elmegaard after the old elm trees found here at the time, which unfortunately died of Dutch elm disease leaving only the trunks behind as beautiful sculptures.
The farmstead is now both a museum and a gallery.

Kort