To secure a coherent, targeted and owner based effort for Det Sydfynske Øhav (The South Funen Archipelago), strategies for the prioritised areas have been adopted:
A preliminary open-air- and dissemination strategy for Det Sydfynske Øhav (The South Funen Archipelago) has been developed.
Under the item ’Our goals’ you can read more about the prioritised areas in Naturturisme I/S.
Open-air Strategy for Det Sydfynske Øhav, 2012 to 2016
With this strategy, Naturturisme I/S wishes to strengthen the possibilities of the outdoors within the archipelago itself – i.e. the outdoors connected to the water. We wish to focus on six different forms of outdoor experiences strengthened by the area:
1. Sea Kayaking
4. Underwater activities
6. By the coast – people enjoying nature
As a supplement to the strategies, the Board has approved that the context of Naturturisme I/S’ work is developed to also include:
- The development of high-end MTB tracks
- Quality assurance of The Archipelago Trail
- The development of biking tourism
With this strategy we wish to also focus on the modern outdoors, and we seize the trends in outdoor activities under growth, even though they only accommodate the few hardcore athletes as of yet.
Dissemination Strategy for Det Sydfynske Øhav
The story about Det Sydfynske Øhav’s natural and cultural heritage is a relatively well preserved secret to the public, in spite of its value. Acquiring this knowledge requires great insight and interest in technical literature and selected information on various media.
The dissemination of Det Sydfynske Øhav’s natural and cultural history is widely set overall and needs to be made accessible and interesting to the general public.
We work on disseminating the obvious beauty of the area – the specifics of Det Sydfynske Øhav.
We dig up the greatest and most important treasures.
We must make the local population proud and the tourists interested – it calls for new dissemination methods and the courage to prioritise and cooperate.
This dissemination of Det Sydfynske Øhav serves the following purposes:
- As initiative and overall beacon to the cooperation between the many informational operators of the area – including the four municipalities of South Funen.
- As a catalyst for concrete actions.
- To attract investments from external funds and pools for the individual operator’s projects.
- To support the Open-air Strategy’s development of outdoor activities. The Outdoors and dissemination walks hand-in-hand.
Presently, new strategies for Naturturisme I/S are under development.
Sea kayaking in the archipelago. (Photo: Kasper Andersen)